To bring together multi-faith multi-racial leaders, especially leaders from African-American, South Asian, Middle Eastern, Latino and East Asian community organizations in metro Detroit to do the following:
- Through interactive presentations and panels, provide political education on racial justice and critical anti-Islamophobia activism.
- Create a space for coalition building to address the intersections of systemic racism and Islamophobia in metro Detroit.
- Develop long term strategies to build power in Detroit to tackle systemic racism and Islamophobia and empower local communities.
REGISTRATION: NOW LIVE - PURCHASE YOUR TICKETS
This conference aims to bring together organizers and community leaders to build collaborations through critical-consciousness raising on racial justice and critical anti-Islamophobia activism to address issues of water, community power, and sanctuary. This is an important moment to mobilize Muslims and allied communities to develop a proactive agenda to build power and counter harmful policies on a local, state, and national level by developing a shared vision for Metro Detroit.
The training will feature plenary sessions in the morning with breakout and small group sessions in the afternoon. The training will close with our Racial Justice Awards Ceremony, honoring Michigan organizations and groups doing powerful work.
Breaks, live performances, a reflection and prayer space, and opportunities for building with fellow training attendees are built-in to our day.
INCLUDED WITH YOUR TICKET:
- Breakfast and lunch (zabihah/halal meals available)
- Coffee, tea, water, and other refreshments throughout the day
- Event parking near the venue
Special accommodations are also available - please let us know what you may need when you purchase your ticket.
Check out the tabs above for information about speakers, housing and accommodations for out-of-town guests, and more.
- Student: $45
- Early Bird (ends August 12th): $75
- Regular: $85
- Early Bird tickets: Purchase your ticket before August 12th for a $10 discount.
- Volunteers receive free tickets: please visit detroit.muslimarc.org/volunteers to register and apply to become a DART 2017 volunteer. Tickets are limited and you will be required to attend two in-person meetings and complete one half-day shift during DART.
- MuslimARC Members receive $50 tickets: please visit the MuslimARC Slack channel to find your discount code or check your members-only newsletter for the code to enter. You can join as a member at www.muslimarc.org/join.
- Scholarships are available. Please email firstname.lastname@example.org with your request. We need your name and the amount of scholarship you would like to request.
- DART 2017 Co-Sponsors: some community organizations have discount codes available for their members. Please check with your local organization for the code, or ask them to sponsor tickets by contacting email@example.com.
- Press passes are available for plenary/large group sessions. Please email firstname.lastname@example.org to receive a code for your press pass.
- Speakers and awardees - please provide your information to the DART Teammember assisting you so we can arrange for your ticket(s).
- Add on a #BeingBlackAndMuslim or MuslimARC tee for $10 each with your registration!
- Check the box during your registration for more information about the post-DART group dinner off-site if you're interested.
Sign up below for information and updates.
471 W Palmer Ave
Detroit, MI 48202
Google map and directions